Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Your So Much Cooler Online

Or not.


I sign up. Basically because someone (that someone being my mom) offered to pay for it. And as a bonus I signed up on a free site as well. The problem with online dating? No one I am looking to date is typically online. Farmers, ranchers, cowboys...are you hearing me?

I'm looking for this...


Somehow even though I think I've explained that without being rude in my profile. No "please don't email me if..." or "looks are important to me". Assuming that they actually read it I guess is asking too much. Why? I keep getting this instead...


*note I am somewhat of a geek/dork/nerd in my own right and accept that

I appreciate the flirt. It's a compliment. Props to you for putting it out there and saying hi. I, myself, know how tough it is to make initial contact because I'm shy when it involves the opposite sex of whom I am attracted to. I clam up. Quiet as a church mouse and blush red from head to toe if attention is brought in my direction. I'm working on that. 

So I continue to be polite in return. I'll send a thanks but no thanks. After all isn't something better than anything?

But what do you say to something like this?

Wow, you are to lovely of a goddess to be out there single and looking, What little devil let you go out of his life? I would like to as for the honor of getting to know the lovely woman I see and share a lot in common with, my name is J***!


WOW.

(I read his profile. Let's just say it's not any better.) 

I.....uh.....

Got nothing. 





2 comments:

  1. Online dating can suck sometimes. I tried it for a while and got tired of girls not being completely honest with who they are vs what they post what they are. Good luck in your search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it can be tricky that's for sure. Never knowing who your really talking to and how honest they actually are. I sometimes question if it's also the same as meeting someone while out on the town. You just never know. There is a certain amount of trust that you have to give. It's probably a lot easier to lie online then it is to someone's face. Women get the same deal. We just have to roll the dice, find that diamond/ace in the hole and see where it takes us.

    ReplyDelete